Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Women Who Inspire -- Helen Keller



I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, 
but I still can do something;
and because I cannot do everything, 
I will not refuse to do something that I can do. 

The most beautiful things in the world
cannot be seen or even touched,
they must be felt with the heart.

It is wonderful how much time 
good people spend fighting the devil.
If they would only expend the same amount of energy 
loving their fellow men, 
the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui. 

Security is mostly a superstition. 
It does not exist in nature,
nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,
or nothing.  



Death is no more than passing from one room into another.
But there's a difference for me, you know.
Because in that other room, I shall be able to see. 

Love is like a beautiful flower
which I may not touch
but whose fragrance makes the garden 
a place of delight just the same. 

I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish
small tasks as if they were great and noble.

So long as the memory of certain beloved friends
lives in my heart,
I shall say that life is good. 

I can see, and that is why I can be happy,
in what you call the dark, but which to me is golden.
I can see a God-made world,
not a manmade world.

No comments: