Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 2010 Update


May 2010

Life has been so busy of late! We have made plans to leave on the 27th of this month... we'll be staying there until August 22nd. I have been starting to get my things sorted, ready for packing. I'm also finishing up last minute writing. And, I am trying to help out around the place as much as I can. Today I made mozzarella cheese for the pizzas we're having on Sunday (23rd). Thanks to the generosity of our neighbors, we had enough milk to make a four gallon batch. I think we'll need one more to cover the amount of cheese we'll need for (at least) 6 pizzas.

Lydia came up with a wonderful idea to have a small birthday celebration/going away party for Jesse (16 on the 26th), myself (24 on the 31st) and herself (18 on in July) since we're going to be gone for our birthdays. So, we're having pizza for the main meal with cheesecake, ice-cream and sherbet with all of the toppings. :-) I'm really looking forward to it!! :-)

I've never enjoyed growing older until last year. I'm not sure what changed, other than my outlook on life. :-P Growing older signifies change and I finally decided that it's not all bad. :-) But I have been thinking a lot about how I'm spending my time. I am trying to write about every book and movie I watch, not just for my memory but because it helps me think through why I liked or disliked certain aspects. It's good brain exercise and I think I am beginning to better form my thoughts into words.

Cilla: “Do you have muckers?”
Me: “No, I don't.”
Cilla: “You should. Most of the adventure is in muckers.”

The other day, I wanted to to the back of our property to check out the creeks and sloughs and woods. It's so lovely back there. Anyways, I came across Zeke, Cilla and Uriah playing in the water. They weren't supposed to be out that far by themselves but I figured since they were already out there and no longer alone (I was there, after all) we could do some exploration. The only problem occurred when we managed to find every bramble on our property in their bare feet! Yes, they had decided to be little pioneer children and not wear shoes. Lol. I ended up carrying Cilla and Uriah over the worst of it. Some of our property is very wet and since I was wearing hikers, I had to cut some of my excursions shorter than I would have liked. There is this one slough that had dry ground through the middle of it... so beautiful. One of these days, I'm going to have to go explore further.

I have been made very happy twice this year. Once was the realization that our fiddlehead ferns weren't dead as I feared and are growing beautifully in spite of much abuse and neglect. Lol. The other time was when I discovered that most of the strawberry plants that appeared to have been winter killed were not. I love strawberries. And better yet, I love strawberries dipped in chocolate. Or strawberries eaten with Toblerone... now that combination! The visions dancing through my head beats Ratatouille's Remy all hollow. Hehe. :-D (Btw, for you fine loving food folks, you might enjoy this film...) (and for animated fans, this movie is definitely for you!) (Does anyone else out there love Ratatouille?)

I have some posts scheduled to appear upon occasion... I hate to leave the blog un-updated :-P for long amounts of time so I am trying. :-) However, I'm still not sure how much I will have written or if I should just worry about other things. It's funny how quickly life gets so busy in so many different directions.

When you think of my sisters and me, please pray for us. Please pray that we will be a blessing to everyone we are in contact with. Please pray also that my health holds and I'm able to work hard. And if you think of it :-) pray that we'll have a fun summer that leaves us blessed.

Thank you for reading my blog so faithfully over the past months. You all have been a huge encouragement to me. ::hugs:: God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that camp is a blessing to you as well as those you come in contact with!
3 months seems like a long time to be gone, but it should be a lot of fun too.
I love making mozzarella and can't wait until we have enough milk to do so. ;o)
Hehe on growing older. It is not something I relish that much...but it is tolerable. ;oP

Anonymous said...

Wow, you'll be gone for 3 months; I guess I didn't realize it would be so long! I love the idea of group birthday celebration.
You'll be 24, welcome! :) I've enjoyed it so far but being 25 kind of scares me. It's just the number, I guess ;)

Good idea on writing about eveyr book/movie. It really does imprint in your brain more that way. I don't do movies but I do "book reviews" for myself and others (I use Goodreads)

I love strawberries too and you mentioned Toblerone... YUMMY!!!
Ratatouille was a fun movie; once I got used to the idea of a rat in the kitchen =P

Exploration is so much fun!! Esp when you have a camera along :)

Take lots of pictures at camp and God Bless you all!!
Praying for you!
Homemade mozz. is so yummy!

bekah said...

Will you be able to contact me via email while you're away? :) I just might...maybe...MAYBE... miss you! :):):) LOL jk Have a great time and you'll be in my prayers.

I am happy to have email too and I have done a little more work on my website. I still have to change the picture and colors, add a guestbook, and do the "Sample Articles" page. But I did get the "Links" and "Back Issues" page done.

As for the magazine itsself, I am working hard at the summer issue right now and it is almost ready for the clipart stage. :)