Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Winebibbers Inc.

Just a couple of random thoughts that have been first in my mind all day...

Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. (Matthew 9:10) 

The son of man is come eating and drinking; and  ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. (Luke 7:34) 

The older I get the more I realize that holding ourselves apart from the world and "sinners" is not the way to spiritual enlightenment or becoming Christlike.

My greatest desire is to become more like Jesus. I want to have the same attitude and feelings towards the entire world. I want to learn to love like He did.

No comments: