Friday, January 2, 2015

Some Not Resolutions

I dislike new year's resolutions. I don't know why, exactly, but they seem empty somehow. BUT: there are a lot of people making resolutions. It made me think about what I want and how I feel.

Last year was full. Overflowing, in fact. Some really good stuff happened. Some bad stuff happened. I learned so much about me, the world and the people in my small (expanding) universe... things got complicated and scary. We ate a lot of good food. Slept on a lot of crappy pillows. Met so many people. Through these experiences, I realized some things:

I want to be happy. I have spent so much of my life being miserable. I don't have TIME to be unhappy or stay mad at someone or be scared. Walk away; choose my battles wisely. When I do choose, I want to do the right thing completely, fully and without hesitation.

I want to have adventures. I want to LIVE. I don't want to get caught in the same old routine from day to day. Life with this person has the potential for glorious happenings. Let's adventure now. Every day.

I want to be healthy. I want to work out. I want to listen to my body and mind. I want to find balance. I want to be proud of how far I have come and to find beauty in myself. To find the good in others, I must accept myself first. I need to do this for me and for those I love.

I never want God to be prosaic. I want to understand and never quite understand. I want to learn and always be aware that there is more to learn. I want to be able to accept that there will always be others who need to criticize the fact that I do not place boundaries on who or what God is. I want to seek without caring what others think of my journey.

I want to spend time simply enjoying Jesse. We've chosen each other. I need to take time every day to appreciate this human being who loves me. Over four years have passed, my love. I seek your presence more than any other. I seek your love and comfort and humor (god, you are FUNNY) and companionship.

I want to laugh and cry. I want to eat good food. I want to study. I want to work hard. I want to sleep well. I want companionship. I want an open mind.

I want to be healthy.

No comments: