Monday, December 22, 2008

Whoever Said Money Can't Buy Happiness...

...didn't know where to shop!

It was late Saturday evening when the phone rang at Pastor Neal's home in TN. He picked it up and a voice said, “Hello! This is The Sermon Outline Service. If you have to preach tomorrow and don't have a sermon prepared, just pull out your credit card. I can sell you a sermon outline for only $4.99!”
The caller turned out to be a fellow minister and good friend of the Neals, who is, to quote our pastor, “always cutting up like that.” LOL!

I am happy today... for several reasons. One of them being that I have mastered The Poor Girl Waltz. It has so many chords in it that I had almost given up on trying to memorize it, but finally decided to really tackle it. Now that I have the chords memorized, I face the challenge of memorizing the melody! The Poor Girl Waltz is such a beautiful song... Andy de Jarlis truly was the waltz king. :-)

Can you tell me your thoughts on Philippians 4: 6-7? Those verses have been a tremendous blessing to me lately. There's something so comforting knowing that God holds us in the palm of His hand. Even when things happen that are far from pleasant, you can trust that He does love you. And He knows what is happening and it's for a reason.
Sometimes it's hard to trust, isn't it? I know first hand because that's what I've been dealing with all this past week. I still don't understand the whys and wherefores of what's happened but I don't need to. He loves me. Isn't that such a wonderful thought?

This is my story. This is my song, praising my Savior all the day long...

Ok, I'm getting off my applebox now. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call a sermon! LOL - Great idea!