Monday, January 31, 2011

Quotes

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. 

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. 
-- Winston Churchill

"The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through."     -- Vincent Millay

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
-- Pedro Calderon de la Barca



Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense. --Josh Billings

Love does not dominate; it cultivates. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Read nature; nature is a friend to truth. -- Edward Young


"It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion." -- Wolfgang Mozart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational blog. Thanks. <3
One of my favorite quotes (outside the Scriptures) is from the novel, Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery:
"My future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does."
Have a wonderful day! (Though I expect being engaged makes it wonderful by default--Congratulations!)

Naomi T. said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You made my day. :) I really love that quote. L.M. Montgomery always said things so beautifully. She's definitely in my top 10 list of favorite authors.

Thank you also for the congrats. :) :) I am having wonderful days. :)