Monday, May 2, 2011

We Have A House! Plus: A Multitude of Other Things That May Prove To Be Not Quite As Exciting. ;-)

As you guessed, the major decision I posted a prayer request about was due to the house. After the game of offering, and counter-offering, this morning about 11, I was standing at the till, checking out a customer. A flurry of movement caught the corner of my eye and I looked up. There was Jesse. He had a grin that stretched from ear to ear. I just knew what was coming next! Lol! When I had successfully sent the customer on his way, I ran around the counter to my beloved and he said very calmly, "They've accepted our offer." Then he just grinned with all of the excitement I was feeling. Actually, I was almost jumping up and down. :-)

It's been one of those situations where everything has fallen into place for us. So many answered prayers and hopes! As soon as we saw pictures of the place, we both liked it. And when we took Lindsey to see it with us for the first time, I realized how much I liked it... even just from the outside. The more places we looked at, the more we realized how we really did like this house. It needed work (a plus for us as it brought the price down) but it has so much room for us and company. :-) I will try to take pictures sooner than later and post them on here. :-)

Friday night, the worst storm I've ever seen plowed it's way through our part of Saskatchewan. A friend of ours who is in her 80's told us she hasn't seen a storm like this one since she was a small child. She has lived her entire life in SK! It started raining around 6:30, then gradually grew into something torrential. The vision was really poor on the way home (thank goodness Jesse was driving!), with rain/snow mix. We woke up Saturday morning and there was a good foot of snow on the ground. It snowed on and off all day.... Visibility was terrible. The wind was gusting up to 90 kph! I think we got about 2 ft of snow. We kept saying, "Can you believe it's actually nearly the beginning of May?" Lots of damage occurred... roofs off of houses, barns... cars smashed with trees... trees down... flooding with no pumps to dispose of the water because of the lack of power. Kenosee was out of power for over 40 hours. People were stranded away from town. Take a look at this picture from Carlyle, posted on The Weather Network.

Today was all sunshine though. And most of the snow is melting rapidly. I can't wait for it to be spring. :-) Everyone is eager for Spring!

I filed my taxes online today. I had never expected to do that since I really prefer the old fashioned snail mail thing. ;-) But things got misplaced and I forgot all about it until Will brought it to my attention the other day. And since I made some income this year I wasn't sure what to do. In the end, it was fairly simple. Thankfully! I am so glad to get that done. I also changed my address to our new one. It always feels good to be able to complete these things and have them behind me for another year. Plus, I was able to talk to a really nice lady at the tax place on the phone. :-) It always  makes my day when people are pleasant.

News Flash! My sister Ellie got her surgery date: May 24th. Thank you to all for your prayers! I really can't wait for her to be healing and getting better. Imagine being able to sleep well for the first time in months because you don't hurt yourself while sleeping?

The shower is coming right up. Wow. I am really excited for it. :-) Mom and Lindsey have both said cryptic things about secrets and other lovely things. :-) So many of our friends from Melville will be there, as well as the ladies from the area and my family (both biological and non). Getting married just keeps getting more and more fun.

I've been thinking a lot about how peoples' views of the Bible and God is dictated by culture and what others tell us to believe/think. I want to know truth. I want to have fellowship with God and live my life to the fullest. Sometimes it means giving up things and grasping at nothing as I plunge into the unknown. I wish I wouldn't hold traditions so dearly.

Random thoughts. :-) Well, it's late enough to close my eyes and I am really tired. I work tomorrow and teach. It's a good life. Just busy. And I definitely need my sleep. ;-) Ttyl!

5 comments:

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing pictures! And I'll be praying for your sister's surgery.

Naomi T. said...

Thanks! :) :)

Bekah said...

I am so happy for you!

And for Ellie too! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being house owners!!! Wow, how exciting!!
The shower is going to be sooo much fun for you!

Sounds like a fierce storm that blew through there!! And so late in the season too. Or rather, early in the season =P
I can imagine you are more than ready for SPRING to be there and stay too.

There seems to be a lot of unsettled, icky weather all around North America this past week. =/ My prayers go out to those who were affected.

That is good news about Ellie's surgery; 3 weeks to wait. Praying for it all to go well and speedy healing.

Love you!

Naomi T. said...

Thanks Bekah!! :D :)

Samantha, I'm really looking forward to getting the house livable and nice. :) And I'm also looking forward to the shower. I'm a little nervous because of all the attention. ;) But I'm sure everyone will be just fine! :D

I keep thinking how glad I am that I don't live down south and other places that received much worse storms. I am so thankful that everyone of my acquaintances is well and living peacefully (or not)...

Ellie really appreciates the prayers!

:hugs: :)