Tuesday, May 31, 2011

mysteries and great joy

Today. Tuesday. May 31st, 2011. 25 years.

25 years of laughter, joy, sadness, struggling, growing. I sit here with my computer resting on my lap thinking, "It has been worth every moment."

I have learned some hard lessons in the past few years. The joy in my life was hard to find. So many times I just felt empty. There was one thing that I knew, however. I clung to it. I could find joy through it.

God loves me. God loves me. God loves me.

These past few months, I have realized some truths around that love.
1: God also uses joy and peace in our hearts to draw us closer to Him.
2: I don't have to be afraid that I'm going to have to pay for the joy with the equivalent of sadness.
3: Love is a mystery. I don't understand the way I feel about Jesse. I don't understand the way he feels about me. There is no explanation for us. It truly is a mystery and a gift from God.
4: In the same way, there is a mystery to God. Knowing this has helped with my search for peace. I am able to rest more content in Him than I have in years.

Yes. I am brimming with joy and thankfulness. Thank you, Lord. Thank you.
And thank you all, my dear friends and readers. May God also bless you this coming  year. :hugs:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear one, and may the next 25 be ever so blessed with your beloved by your side and a God that loves you! :)

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday again, my dear Meme! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy 25th to you, Naomi!! May the next 25 be happy and joyful and blessed with Jesse by your side and God's love overflowing your heart.

Unknown said...

Many happy birthday wishes to you my dear sister. May God bless you and keep you. :-)
Love,
Hannah

Naomi T. said...

Thank you all so much. :) It was so very happy. I really enjoyed turning 25. :)