Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2012 Trip -- Hollywood & Universal Studios

This is a hurried post. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

At Universal Studios, we went on The Studio Backlot Tour. 


Flash floods and fake rain.


We saw many sets but I liked this picture of the fake buildings the best. ;-) Western Town! It has been used since the early Westerns. Lots of history!


The plane crash from Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. 


Apparently, this plane used to fly and was destroyed specifically for this movie. There was a lot of fake smoke, sirens and no fake bodies. (Unfortunately.)


At the Animal Actors show, they presented many trained animals, birds and rodents...


Jesse volunteered for this trick, in which the bird took a one dollar bill from his hand and flew back to it's trainer. (Then the bird gave it back.)


Flying in the wind! (Or above the fan, as the case may be.)


This is an exotic fox. He was beautiful. Where he came from, we cannot remember. (But his trainers know, so all is well.)


Each time an animal went past that "Today's Special" sign, they would change it. For instance, the chickens switched it from "fried chicken" to "ham sandwich", which the pig changed back... 


Frankenstein's Monster and Jesse. Apparently, The Creature took quite a liking to my hubby because he was very insistent about this pose. Lol.


In this picture, Mr. Monster was trying to tie me up but I wouldn't let him. Haha. 
In the background, you can see the entrance to the House of Horrors. Jesse took me into it for a second time just to hear me scream. There's something about creepy guys in spooky masks/costumes leaping out of shadowy corners that makes my knees go weak. 
Needless to say, I always empty my bladder beforehand.


The Jurassic Park ride. We got soaked. Especially me!


Hello, Hollywood.


We like helicopters. Also, a shot of L.A.


Can you tell that I took this one while we were moving? :-) I love these flowers. I've seen them growing domestically and along the roads all along the coastline. Finally, I have a picture!


The hallways of our hotel are decorated in old black and white glamour pictures. The women were so feminine and graceful back then. 


No comments: