Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lace


I love lace. I think it is one of the most beautiful things in the world. 


Antique lace... French?


This might not qualify as lace but it's still beautiful. I love the design and I love the color contrast.




This style really appeals to me. I would love to be able to copy that jacket somehow. 


Imagine possessing the knowledge and skill to be able to create... look at the young and old sitting together!


I thought this lace veil was more interesting than pretty... I wonder why this culture ties their veils on instead of hanging them over the head. 


Queen Victoria's veil was created of Irish lace. It was later made into a christening gown...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually kind of like the look of that 2nd pic,and yes the color contrast is really beautiful! I like Lace too but am pretty picky about the look it gives...not too old fashioned or "old lady like", lol.

Bekah said...

I think the ones with a lace 'jacket' would look best on you. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the lace jacket! It looks like you too! Plus it wouldn't be too hot which would be good for a Sept. wedding.

Naomi T. said...

Jaclynn, I know exactly what you mean by the old lady look. And I know I've been dressing like one for years!! Lol! So, I do want to steer away from that on my wedding day. ;)

Bekah, glad you like the idea. It really appeals to me...

Samantha, you're right about it not being too hot. I am not terribly comfortable with sleeveless but I haven't seen a single wedding dress with sleeves that I thought would be absolutely stunning. On me, that is. :P ;) But I really like the satin sleeveless/with lace jacket look.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, modest dresses ARE hard to come by!! A jacket can help with that situation.