Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13th -- Favorite Accessory

My favorite accessory is definitely my ring... however, as you know, I have already used my ring on day 10. :) My next-favorite-accessory is my purse. I bought it back in '06 or '07 and have carried it with me ever since. 

There was (is?) this store in Melville that sold antiques, giftware and secondhand purses, etc. This little dear was hanging among their selections. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had found the purse I was looking for. The lady at the counter said she thought it had been made in Czechoslovakia. I have no idea whether that is accurate or not but I haven't seen another purse like it. 



$12 and 6 years later, it is still my favorite purse. :-) 


The sad news is that I have noticed signs of wear around edges and colorful threads keep slipping out... eventually, I know I'm going to have to get a new one. There is a problem though. I haven't seen another purse that fit me and my personality quite so well. 


Elisabeth S., you asked for a picture of the quilt. I'm posting this both on my blog and on FB because I know you're a busy lady and might not see it on one or the other. :-) :hugs:



No comments: