Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10th -- Something That Sparkles

I must admit to feeling a little disgruntled about this picture. There is a slough on the side of our house and when the sun shines on it, it's gorgeous. But by the time I got home from work this evening, the sun was already sinking beneath the hills and the slough looked as despondent as the one depicted in Pilgrim's Progress.

After looking around the house, I realized the only thing that really sparkled were our stainless pots and pans we received as a wedding gift from the Weatherl side of family... and my ring. The ring won. :-)


Jesse and I both love our ring. He gave it to me on January 31st, 2011, after he proposed to me and I was like, "Yes! Yes!" It still makes me excited thinking about it!

For those wondering: Champagne diamond and reclaimed silver.

Today, Jesse and I have been married for 6 months. I love every minute we spend in each other's presence. He is everything I prayed for. 

Even though this picture is not what I wanted for today, I must say, it is very fitting. Oh such reasons for celebration!

No comments: