Friday, October 8, 2010

Galileo


"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."                          Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)



I just finished watching the movie Angels and Demons. Over the course of the film, they mentioned Galileo several times and it has brought back to me some of what I have read about this man. I need to read more before I have an opinion about him and his work... but at this moment, I felt a need to express my gratitude for all who have stood up to the majority for the sake of truth. They have changed the course of history but most importantly, shown others the path of life. May there be giants in every age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

No comments: