Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Healer of Hearts

Sister Lucille asked me to play for the service they are conducting at the home today.. of course I said yes. :-) But half of the songs I really didn't know so I was practicing this morning. There are some really nice melodies and the words are always great... I was singing along and suddenly, the second verse of this song really grabbed my attention... the wording is interesting.

God broke my heart, but He healed me. Bitterness and hate do not feel comfortable in it any longer. My new heart is for "love alone".

Here I Am, Lord
(Dan Schutte)

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

I, the Lord of snow and rain, 
I have borne My people's pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
give them hearts for love alone. 
I will speak My word to them.
Whom shall I send?

I, the Lord of wind and flame, 
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them.
My hand will save.
Finest bread I will provide
Till their hearts are satisfied.
I will give My life to them.
Whom shall I send?

(Chorus)
Here I am, Lord,
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord,
If You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart. 

1 comment:

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

I've loved this song for years!