Friday, October 1, 2010

A Little Nonsense

They say when you have nothing to say, you shouldn't say it. But I'm going to anyhow. ;-)

1: I am enjoying being lazy today.

2: I am also enjoying Natural Bakery Canadian Rye Bread. I think it's the best bread ever. Soooo delicious.

3: Michele whisked the rest of my cookies out of the house this afternoon to give to people. It's a good thing too because I had cravings for chocolate this morning and to be alone in the house with *it* sitting on the counter is not wise.

4: This morning, I found out what I needed to begin the process for acquiring my driver's license.

5: I spelled "acquired" correctly first try. So happy. :-)

6: I watched 3 Hayao Miyazaki films this afternoon: My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso. Courtesy of my friend Jesse. So thankful to have had a chance to encounter these tales and learn from them. For those of you who are interested in the details of story making, watch this man's films. These are great stories.

7: I should go eat supper.

8: I had a blueberry smoothie with my ham sandwich at dinner. It settled wonderfully.

9: I feel good right now.

10: I am anxious to get completely better so I can dig into the Nutella in the cupboard. ;-)

11: I am fulfilled at this moment. There is Someone who can satisfy all your longings and overflow your heart with joy.

12: I love making lists... especially ones that are partly serious and partly nonsensical!

10 comments:

Hartley Family Blog said...

Hey Naomi,

I hope you are feeling better today :) We praying for you!

Lauren

Naomi T. said...

Lauren... thanks so much for your prayers. I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm feeling better. :) You brightened my evening. :) :)

Anonymous said...

Mm, that blueberry smoothie sounds wonderful! Yeah, it is probably a good thing for me not to be left alone with a plate full of chocolate cookies either. ;) nothing better than Nutella!! =)

Galloping Guitarist said...

So glad you're feeling better! Hmmm, chocolate? :-) I suddenly feel very happy, I have some chocolate! But, then I did just sneeze.... :'( Thinking again, I could have it tomorrow... Or I might just have it today! :-) It's is after all just chocolate 'covered' granola bars. LOL!
Anyways, enough of my foolishness. :) Do you remember that REALLY cool tune of Bella Fleck's that Daniel and Clinton did here? Well I just sat through a whole concert of it! It's called gypsy jazz. Incredible music! I'm now kicking myself for not buying a cd.
And I met Clinton's girlfriend, she's really nice! Kinda like Tahniss, you'd like her! :-)

Naomi T. said...

Jac, it is good. :) It's just yogurt, blueberries, orange juice and a little vanilla. Oh! Michele also puts in bananas. :) And yes!! Nutella is gloriously delicious and I hope whoever invented said product is happy at this moment. :) :) :)

Lyddy, I am slightly jealous of your concert attendance but only slightly. :) I am happy that you were able to go!! You should have bought a CD, though. ;) I saw pictures of Clinton's gf and she does look nice. If she's like Tahnis, I know I'd love her. Perfect for someone like him. Really awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Love love love Nutella!!

Hope the Drivers License process goes well for you! :)

And praying you get better each and every day!

I'm a list maker too; even if they are exceed reality in the expectations departmnet

Naomi T. said...

Thank you so much for the prayers. I feel so blessed.. I have the most loving of friends. :) People have called me, written personal messages, etc, etc... all asking me how I doing. It makes me weepy and smiley. I *am* blessed!!

I really hope the process goes smoothly, too. It's a long one. But I feel it's definitely worth the trouble. It will be nice to eventually be independent in this area. :)

Yay... another Nutella fan! ;)

Bekah said...

I like making lists like this too. :D But I always tend to do them in my journals. :)

Naomi T. said...

This is a type of journal. ;) Just my 'private' life doesn't make it here. Hehe.

There is something that's just calming about making lists for me...

Pamela M M Berkeley said...

Miyazaki's great. And it makes me feel better that as of less than a year ago you didn't have your driver's license either (I don't have one yet)